"Be At Your Best When Your Best is Needed"
- John Wooden
TRYOUT UPDATE (9/15/20) - All Grade Levels
Exciting News! Jr. Raider Girls Basketball tryouts have been set for the 2020-2021 season. Tryouts will be September 26th and October 3rd at Longfellow Middle School. - 7600 W North Ave, Wauwatosa, WI 53213
1. All tryouts will be held inside Longfellow gym
2. All girls must wear a mask for mostly all of our individual workout drills
3. All girls must bring their own water and basketball if they have one. I will supply some balls if needed. All balls will be cleaned after use.
4. Since we can't use pinnies with numbers, all girls should wear a jersey or shirt with a number on it ( basketball, soccer, ect.) for identifying purposes
5. Since we don't want congregating in the halls, girls should arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to start time.
6. No parents are allowed in the gym. Only designated coaches and staff.
7. New parents (4th graders), there will be a meeting in the hallway after the tryout for a brief rundown of our program and any questions that you might have.
8. Players must sign up ahead of time on this website. Please use the sign up form on this page.
Here is the schedule for tryouts. These times are set due to coaches availability and player availability. If there are two dates for tryout groups (5th, 6th and 7th) please make sure you can attend at least one.
Sat. Sept. 26
11:00-12:30 - 6th grade
12:30-2:00 - 4th grade
2:00 - 3:30 - 5th grade
3:30- 5:00 - 7th grade
Sat. Oct. 3
11:00-12:30 - 8th grade
12:30 -2:00 - 7th grade
2:00- 3:30 - 5th grade ( if needed)
3:30- 5:00 - 6th grade ( if needed)
Since we don't split up grades into A and B teams till 7th grade, we will do our best to form two equal teams, if two teams are required. No team will have more than 12 players. If we have less than 18 players in a group, only one team will be formed. because we are a feeder program for Tosa East, if cuts have to be made, girls in our school district get a roster spot over any girl that is trying out that is not in our school district,
Thank you all for being patient and understanding during this spring/summer of uncertainty. We all want to get back to some sort of normalcy in a safe and healthy way. Things change constantly, as we all know and we will keep up to date on all health and safety concerns that arise.
Please pass this information on to anyone that you might feel is interested in our program. As always, feel free to contact me (email@example.com) at any time with questions or concerns. I can't wait to get back into the gym and to see everyone again! Go Raiders!!
Good luck to all of the girls!
The Wauwatosa East Girls Jr Raiders Basketball Club exists to provide a positive, competitive environment where girls can learn and develop basketball and critical life skills. Our mission is:
The Wauwatosa Basketball Club (WBC) is designed to provide a competitive option for girls in grades 4 through 8 and living in the Tosa East attendance district. The ultimate goal is to prepare the interested student-athletes for high school competition with Wauwatosa East High School Girls Basketball. Summer time play and tournament competition is a major focus for the development of WBC players and teams. Teams will be formed in the spring so as to have the opportunity to develop their individual and team skill in practice and league play over the summer and the following winter season.
For further information contact club director Tom Oleniczak at: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.wauwatosabasketballclub.com